wireless aol connection problem

glamworld 15:22 02 Jan 2006

hi , i have aol platinum and i set up the router on my home pc - no problems there, but ive got a wireless laptop which i can connect to the internet with an erthenet cable no problem.

the laptop pick up the name of the router and says im connected with excellent strength, but once the erthenet cable is out i cant connect to internet even though my laptop tells me im connected to the router and my laptop is wireless,ive diabled the LAN connection but that didnt help,

were would i find the router settings on my laptop?

hargranules 18:30 02 Jan 2006

It might be worth having a look on AOL help pages. I have done a similar install and know there were quite a few extras aol expected you to do. Also you cannot sign on both machines with same screen name at same time.

hargranules 18:36 02 Jan 2006

What adapter or wireless card do you have on the laptop?

glamworld 19:13 02 Jan 2006

hi my laptop has a built in wireless adapter, i just cant understand how the the laptop says im connected to the router and detects the name given to the router by me, why it wont connect to the internet wirelessly?

ton 19:51 02 Jan 2006

Have you set up the router with an AOL screen name that is NOT used by the other computers?

hargranules 21:32 02 Jan 2006

Have you run through expert set - up on the AOL sign on page. click here

Also click here to check settings click here

glamworld 23:41 05 Jan 2006

finally got wire less connection

i had to have laptop connected to router with erthenet cable , clicked on internet explorer and then type in the default gateway number in the web bar, the number i needed was 192.168.1.254 - im sure it will be the same for other aol speedtouch 576 users, then press go

and it brings up the page for the router just click configure, enter details when propmted ie email adress + password, and you should be wireless in no time at all

thanks to all those who have helped

hayley x x

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?