Wireless advice please

fimofly 13:08 07 Jan 2006

I have two PC's and one laptop. I have the PC's running ok through an Addon GWAR300 but cannot get the laptop to connect. I have run various diagnostics to no avail. I am fairly new to this so any help would be appreciated. The second PC is connecting to the gateway through a WLAN USB adaptor. The laptop has a wireless network card.

mgmcc 20:51 07 Jan 2006

Have you actually "Connected" to the wireless network? In other words, have you run the wireless adapter's software, scanned for "Available Wireless Networks", found and highlighted the one that matches your router's SSID (network name) and selected the option to "Connect" to it? Once "connected", the little icon will get its "halo" to indicate it is connected to that network and it should then get its correct IP address by DHCP from the router.

If you have encryption enabled - WEP or WPA - have you entered the key into the Wireless Adapter's software?

If you have MAC address filtering enabled in the router, have you entered the MAC address of the laptop's wireless card?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?