wireless adaptor will not connect !!!!

Petesilver 11:44 10 Mar 2010

Hello.
I am wondering if there is anyone out there who can solve my problem.
My isp is orange and I have one of their Livebox and recently I have been having
problems in that the wireless adaptor will not connect to the Livebox it will sometimes
on a reboot but not always. I have connected the livebox with the cable and everything
works OK but I cannot get it to work wirelessly.
I have contacted Orange who said I needed a new adaptor so I bought one from them
however after over an hour on the phone they could not get that one to work at all
(it was a Thompson adaptor) and said they would ring back and they did only to say
it is my PC at fault so I honestly do not know what to do. I know I can stay with the cable
but in the future I was going to move and will need the wireless connection.
I also have a laptop and that works wirelessly with no problem.
If it is my Desktop can any think of what might be causing the problem as Orange
have given up on me and going to accept the Thompson adaptor back for credit.

Windows XP

mgmcc 12:08 10 Mar 2010

Have you tried deleting the existing wireless "profile" and then going through the procedure to "Connect" again, when a new profile will be created?

Petesilver 12:17 10 Mar 2010

sorry to sound so thick but how do I do that??

It really is a strange fault I just had to reboot for a reason and the **?? is working its just that many time it does not

mgmcc 13:33 10 Mar 2010

Have a read of click here

Orange Response 09:52 12 Mar 2010

Hi Petesilver,

I work for Orange and may be able to help.

If you can email your landline number/broadband account number and best contact number to [email protected], I'll give you a ring to discuss.

So I can pick up your mail quickly, please add 'Jonathan Orange Response' in the first line.

Hope this helps

Jonathan
Orange Response Team

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?