wireless adaptor and Vista help please

frostypug 12:05 26 Aug 2009

I am trying to connect wirelessly with a INVENTEL WIRELESS ADAPTER UR054G I have a acer desktop and am running Vista
I have the installation cd and have run it but I still cannot connect. Am getting the message"wrong operating system"
How can I make this work with Vista

oldbeefer2 12:24 26 Aug 2009

I should think the disc has the wrong driver. Google came up wit click here - a site I know nothing about.

FreeCell 12:30 26 Aug 2009

Driver is probably written for XP. Need to find one on the internet suitable for Vista.

Try click here

No guarantee as site is not one I have used

frostypug 12:41 26 Aug 2009

I have downloaded this but still does not work

oldbeefer2 12:41 26 Aug 2009

Snap (more or less)!

ventanas 14:10 26 Aug 2009

I assume the adaptor is to connect through a Livebox as Orange supply this make.
Is this a new conection to a new machine, or one which has worked in the past? The driver supplied for XP works perfectly well in Vista. I connected one of these a couple of years ago, previously to an XP machine and then to Vista using the same CD.
I would try a system restore to before you first tried to install it and try again. SR works a heck of a lot better in Vista than it ever did in XP, and doing this worked for me when I had problems with a Belkin installation on another PC.

FreeCell 14:17 26 Aug 2009

This is an old adaptor originally issued by Wanadoo, I believe. May be easier to buy a new adaptor that works with Vista but if you are still with Orange then contact their Tech Support and see if they can provide you with Vista Compatible software. There must be some as they mention the adaptor and Vista on their support pages.
click here

FreeCell 14:20 26 Aug 2009

In above link type Inventel into search and article on installation under Vista appears in list.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?