Wireless adaptor available for a 4-port router?

GMC555 18:29 27 Apr 2009

I have a 4-port, wired router for my PC. I recently purchased a laptop which I use around the house. Is there a wireless adaptor that i can plug into one of the 3 spare ports, to save me having to connect with a cable each time? I would replace the router but I suspect that an adaptor will be cheaper?

All suggestions gratefully received.

ambra4 19:05 27 Apr 2009

Connecting Access Point Unit to the router will allow you wireless access to you Local Area

Network and Internet Access

D-Link Wireless G Open Source Access Point

click here

mgmcc 20:30 27 Apr 2009

Also check out the cost of a new wireless router - stand-alone "Wireless Access Points" tend to be expensive and often a wireless router can work out cheaper. ADSL Modem/Routers from the same Misco website click here=|c:3063|&Sort=1

mgmcc 20:34 27 Apr 2009

Forum software messed up the URL as usual!! Try click here

GMC555 20:51 27 Apr 2009

Thanks for your quick replies. As it happens, my phone service is on TalkTalk, and I know that their broadband service (cheaper than Plusnet) includes a free wireless router. Are these routers any good? And, come to that, is TalkTalk broadband OK?

ambra4 01:33 28 Apr 2009

Talk Talk use two type of wireless router the D-link and the Huawei

D-Link DSL 2640R Router

click here==

HUAWEI Wireless Router Echolife HG520b

click here

Personal if you going to get the talk talk free wireless router I would suggest that you get the

D-link version

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?