Wireless Adapter Unplugged

BJHB 22:04 29 Jun 2006

I have a Arcadyan wireless Soft AP transmitter in my HP pc. It has been working well up to now, but now it has stopped trasmitting and it states: 'wireless station mode - adapter unplugged'.
I would appeciate help in rectifying this problem.

Minkey1 22:08 29 Jun 2006

If this is a USB type adapter and is physically plugged in, is the USB port itself working ? Have you another USB device you can plug in to the same port to try it ?

Alternatively, does the adapter work in another port, or does Device Manager show any issues ?

woodchip 22:08 29 Jun 2006

I think there may be some key you have pressed that have turned it off, That's if this is a Laptop. One of the key's will be the fn key bottom left along with one of the others with blue text

BJHB 08:00 30 Jun 2006

My computer is an HP desktop unit, with the wireless transmitter contained within the unit.
I agree that I may have turned the transmitter off, but I can't find a way of turning it back on.

Minkey1 11:40 30 Jun 2006

Have a look in Control Panel and Network Connections, you might be able to re-enable it from there. If not, try Device Manager and see if the adapter is listed with any issues. Is there nothing on it in the HP manuals or Help ?

woodchip 19:42 30 Jun 2006

There are key that you press to turn it on. Check the Manual. This may be a PDF file on the CD you got with the comp

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone