Wireless Adapter

LOL11152 00:30 29 Mar 2006

My computer runs windows XP home,
I have just upgrade my Wanadoo broadband package from the normal broadband speedtouch modem to the Wireless & talk service, everything has been install successfully and able to connect onto the internet ok, But my problem is, the wireless USB adapter,
if the adapter is connected up when you switch the computer on say first thing in the morning, the computer will not boot-up into the desktop windows also you do not hear any sound when it goes into the welcome window, for some reason it seems to interfere with it full start up, so this means that I have to switch the computer off by the front button as there is no other way, And then switch it back on again, But if I disconnect the adapter from the computer before I switch it on the computer loads-up alright, The Wireless Adapter is plugged directly into a spare USB 2.0 port and is seperate from the other USB Devices which are plugged into other five USB Ports.
I tried to speak to wanadoo put they did not seem to know much or could not understand on what I was telling them.
can someone tell me what is the cause of this and how to solve the problem

HXP 03:42 29 Mar 2006

If possible try removing all your other USB devices apart from the the wireless USB adapter.

I think the PC allocates resources to each USB device (although over a hundred can be connected at one time) but the actual ports are shared between them.

It would be a worthwhile test and should only take a few moments.

Also it may give some of the more techy guys on this forum a bit more of an idea as to what the problem might be.

Worth a try ?

HXP

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone