Wireless Access Point Help

Muck9 14:53 27 May 2007

I had to reboot the computer and delete everything off it and start again but before I had a network access point, now No access points can be found on devices trying to connect with my pc. I am trying to connect a Nintendo DS to my pc so I can use wi-fi

It also says

"Wireless Network Connection is not connected
Wireless network unavailable"

Can anyone help with setting up my pc access point and letting other devices connect to it?

Thanks

Forum Editor 16:36 27 May 2007

is connected to your broadband service - either via a separate modem or via its own internal modem - it shouldn't have been affected by anything you've done on your PC.

Wireless devices don't connect to your PC, they connect directly to the access point, so they should work, even if your PC is switched off. You can connect your PC to the access point via an ethernet cable - have you tried doing that?

Muck9 18:03 27 May 2007

My internet is through a router (A BT Voyager 200) and my PC has a built in wireless connecter (An 802.11g PCI Wireless Network Adapter) and before I rebooted computer (brought it back to factory settings) my Nintendo DS would find an Access Point but now it doesnt find any access points and when I try and make a new network connection a little yellow pop up saying

"Wireless Network Connection is not connected
Wireless network unavailable"

comes up and I cant connect to it.

Have you any ideas? Thanks for your help

Forum Editor 19:05 27 May 2007

for your wireless adapter?

When you return a machine to its factory settings you sometimes have to reinstall the driver software for some of the hardware components - it's worth checking.

Go into the Control panel and click on system/hardware/device manager and see if you can find your wireless network adapter listed. If it's there it may have a yellow mark against it, signifying that it isn't working.

Muck9 19:22 27 May 2007

It says its working properly and I installed the latest driver for it so I dont think its that. My DS is still not finding an Access Point but before when it was working it wouldnt say Wireless Network unavailable.

When I click repair on my network connections part on the Start Task Bar it says

"Windows could not finish repairing the problem because the following action cannot be completed:
Connecting to the wireless network

for assistance, contact the person who managers your network"

Thanks for the help. Will I need to buy an access point or something? Any tips on buying one?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?