coubury 17:50 20 Apr 2006

i need my pc for workm but currently moved house and bt said it would 2 weeks untill the internet is switched over i connect via router, and i no my neigbour has a wirless connection i was wonering how i can connect to his for the time being,

do i need wireless cards myself are what are can u simply search for it and if so how please can someone explain in detail

much appeciated

  ade.h 17:55 20 Apr 2006

It is illegal to connect to a private network without prior consent. It is particularly illegal if you share their connection bandwidth, which is basically theft. At least one prosecution for such actions has already occured. It is also morally wrong.

  Aargh 20:28 20 Apr 2006

Go on, get a card, hook up, surf on, be a wifi pirate!

You know you want to!

  ade.h 20:30 20 Apr 2006

I hope that you are joking.

  Aargh 20:53 20 Apr 2006

;-)Coubury. Patience is a virtue!

You seem to have reached your own conclusion about what you may need to do to connect to your neighbour, but as has been pointed out, we all strive to avoid the situation you are considering. As tempting as it seems, you would indeed be wrong to do it.

Tempting as it is.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone