wireless?

BIG ben strikes again!!! 17:21 04 Mar 2004

hi all,if i bought a wireless networker would i be able to use internet on the connected computers at the sametime?(i dont have broadband)?and where can i get a pair of pci networkers(doesn't have to be PCI).
thanx alot.

LeadingMNMs 17:32 04 Mar 2004

I would bother trying to share a 56k connection as it would be too slow.

I am unsure of what you mean when you say a "wireless networker".

Try eBuyer.com for your hardware.

BIG ben strikes again!!! 17:36 04 Mar 2004

well i dunno what its called!!!

mikef. 18:56 04 Mar 2004

I guess you mean a wireless router, and yes you should be able to I think I can with mine on Broadband.

LeadingMNMs 19:17 04 Mar 2004

Well if you don't know what you mean then how are we supposed to know ? A description would be helpful.

BIG ben strikes again!!! 19:33 04 Mar 2004

i want,a device that i can use the internet(dial-up)on both computers at the same time(upstairs and downstairs)i need a "wireless router" as mikef says.you want to know anything else just ask.cheers guys/or girls

bremner 19:38 04 Mar 2004

click here for the advice I think you are after.

LeadingMNMs 19:41 04 Mar 2004

I have to say I have never seen a wireless router for a dial up connection and as I've said trying to share 56k would be so slow, but it is your decision.

As I have said eBuyer has lots of cheap network cards click here both in PCI and USB models (as well as PCMCIA for laptops).

If you did find a suitable router then you could have simultaneous Internet access on both machines.

BIG ben strikes again!!! 19:50 04 Mar 2004

having a slow connection isn't a problem becouse it will be only for a little while.cos ill be getting tiscali broadband.the reason i wanted to share a dial-up connection is becouse everyone in the house is all queing(didnt know how to spell que)to connect to the internet.oh well thanx guys.more advice,be gratefull.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone