Wired Lan problems

Gibbons 11:16 05 Feb 2006

I Have had a wired lan netwrok set up fro a little while now and it has been working fine, sharing the internet connection from my pc with my laptop through a crossover ethernet cable. However when my laptop located a wireless network (i assume from a neighbouring house)with no security i clicked connect mainly out of curiosity. This connected but the signal was poor so i went to plug my ethernet cable back in but then i started having problems reconnecting to my network. Upon trying to reconnect it said something about an ip conflict so i set both computers to configure their ip address and DNS address' automatically, however this doesnt work and i cant get back to how things were! What sort of ip should i be using for a home lan network? And how can i get things back to how they were? thankyou!

keewaa 11:58 05 Feb 2006

Probably an IP conflict from using LAN & a wirelss connection at the same time. Disable the wireless connection, right click disble in network conenctions, then go inot a command prompt and type
IPCONFIG /RELEASE
IPCONFIG /RENEW
IPCONFIG /FLUSHDNS

Forum Editor 12:04 05 Feb 2006

and the fix will probably do the trick, but note that there's a space between IPCONFIG and the /

Gibbons 15:08 05 Feb 2006

thanks!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5T review: Hands-on

Illustrator Andrés Lozano on his improv line work, brazen use of colours & hand sketching

iPhone X review

Comment envoyer gratuitement des gros fichiers ?