wire network

  bowhouse 00:01 16 Jul 2004

i have 150k speed broad band.is it possible to connect 2nd pc using just ethernet cards and rj45 cable?

  hillybilly 00:06 16 Jul 2004

Yes just make the cable is a cross over and that you have internet connection sharing enabled on the comp that has the b/b modem. thats about the cheapest way of networking 2 Pc's

  PSF 00:09 16 Jul 2004

Yes, but you need a RJ45 crossover cable if you are not using a switch/hub or router.

A better option is to use a router that way only one pc has to be on, both pc's can then access the internet independently, and you also have the benefit of a hardware firewall.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?