Winzip and folders and subfolders

Midsman2005 14:09 30 Aug 2006

Hello forum,

I am currently zipping a load of files and folders using Winzip 10.0

This is pretty easy to do, however, many of the folders I want to zip contain a large amount of sub folders which contain further sub folders, etc.

When I zip these and click the "include sub folders" option, I have to extract the archive to recreate the orginal folder structure. Which is OK as it is done automatically. But a bit annoying when I want to locate a single file and wimply extract that specific file alone.

What I would really like to be able to do is see the structure, as it was prior to zipping, in the Winzip window before I extract.

All I see at the moment is a list of file names and there path in another column...until I unzip it.

Basically, I would like to be able to go through the archive as I could before I zipped it, but without unzipping it.

I hope this makes sense!

Thanks

Pesala 21:17 01 Sep 2006

If I understand you right, you wish to sort the archive by folder order rather than by filename order. In IZarc, and probably in WinZip too, you can sort the columns by clicking on the column heading. If you sort by folders then it will look like the default order in Windows Explorer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?