WinXP Hyperlinks in Review your Update History

Zak 21:34 14 Feb 2006

For some reason the hyperlinks for "Update" and "Status" items do not work. This also applies to links for "details..." when reviewing available updates.

Microsoft update works OK (except for KB913446, which I manually installed).

I am running WinXP Pro and logged on with Admin. rights. Win Update is in trusted sites.

When I try to open link in new window i receive a blank page with URL about:blank.

Any ideas please as this is really bugging me.

Thanks.

VoG II 21:39 14 Feb 2006

If it is ALL hyperlinks that do not work try click here

http:// windowsxp.mvps.org/IEFIX.htm without the space after //

Zak 21:44 14 Feb 2006

Thanks VoG™, but this problem is only with the Windows Update site. All other sites seem to work including your link above.

I was wondering if it could be any of the security settings, but I have no idea!

VoG II 21:47 14 Feb 2006

Just check if there is a yellow bar just below the toolbar. You may need to click it to enable an ActiveX control to be installed.

Zak 21:56 14 Feb 2006

No yellow bar present on Windows Update pages. I just checked ActiveX controls in Trusted Sites and all allowed except for unsafe & unsigned

Zak 19:09 15 Feb 2006

...bump.

Zak 19:54 16 Feb 2006

I re-examined the Pop-up blocking by third party software installed on my machine and found the culprit:

ZA Pro version 5.5.094.000 - Ad Blocking in Privacy settings needs to be off. High or Medium settings disable these particular hyperlinks in Windows Update.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?