WinXP Add or Remove Programs - Alternate Software

Fastflys 17:10 23 Nov 2006

I don’t find using “Add or Remove programs” in the Control panel of WinXP Home very good at deleting programes as some files are usually left behind after programme deletion.

I remember sometime ago reading in PC Advisor about better “Add/Remove” software which is available as free downloads. I think some were also included on the cover CDRom at the time.

Can anyone suggest what is the best alternative software to use and where can I find it.

Thanks

birdface 17:39 23 Nov 2006

Just delete it from Add Remove, Then run C Cleaner and its gone.Did not know that you could get a new Add-Remove program,Always used the same one that was in computer when I bought it.Not knowing any better I asumed you could not change it,

SANTOS7 17:43 23 Nov 2006

click here

the prog. in question under the "tools" tab has its own uninstaller which you can run from the prog..

sunny staines 17:44 23 Nov 2006

I have tried a couple of programs norton cleansweep not as good as xp add/remove, and undelete which was hopeless. still with xp and use a clean up program as buteman advised.

Probabilitydrive 17:47 23 Nov 2006

There are unistall programmes available click here

Microsoft has its own unistaller utility (please read instructions carefully and use at your own peril !)
click here;en-us;290301

Probabilitydrive 17:48 23 Nov 2006

link reads at click here;en-us;290301

Probabilitydrive 17:49 23 Nov 2006

Sorry link doesen't work. The title of the microsoft product is :"Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility"

SANTOS7 17:59 23 Nov 2006

click here
have a look at the way the link is written for Kb articles to work they need to be changed slightly..

Probabilitydrive 18:14 23 Nov 2006

Tha SANTOS7, will put your clarification to good use.

Fastflys 22:15 23 Nov 2006

I have been using C Cleaner for some time now and find it very good and safe but I have never used it’s uninstaller programme [worried in case using it might conflict with XP’s own Add/Remove programme and Bal*s things up].

Would somebody kindly explain to me at what point I would use C Cleaner’s uninstaller programme. Is it after I have first tried removing the unwanted programme using XP’s Add/Remove programme or instead of using XP’s Add/Remove programme?

If I were to use C Cleaner’s uninstaller programme the function/button I would choose would be the “Run Uninstaller” button. Would someone let me know when and why I would use the following function/buttons:
A: “Rename Entry”
B: “Delete Entry”
C: “Save To Text File”

If the answers to the above are obvious then I apologise in advance but they’re not obvious to me.

Regards
FF

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?