Winows XP log on/Administrator

old fogey 09:48 20 Apr 2005

Hi I wondered if anyone out there could help me with a problem. My friend has just been given a computor from his father who bought it originaly from Comet (I think)about 2/3 years ago. The problem is his father used freeserve/Wanadoo and my friend has signed up for NTL BB and every time he tries to use the internet Wanadoo takes over but as he has no account with Wanadoo he cannot access the internet. I have tried to use the add/remove in control panel but I get the message you need administrator rights. When the log on screen comes on there is only user log on no administrator log on. So my question is how do I get the log on screen to show administrator and user log on? I hope I have explained this properly! By the way I should mention that he does not have the XP disc in fact he does not have any discs with the machine and his father does not know were the original discs are.

rawprawn 09:51 20 Apr 2005

Try removing it in safe mode, tap F8 when bootin.

mattyc_92 09:52 20 Apr 2005

press and hold "ctrl+alt" and press "delete" twice while the Welcome Screen is displayed... Then type in Administrator as the username and press enter on the keyboard (as by default this account has no password)

old fogey 09:58 20 Apr 2005

rawprawn & mattyc_92
Thanks for the quick reply. I am in work at the moment so I will pop round to his when I go home and try both your suggestions.

Ps I love this forum no matter what the question someone always has an answer or helpful suggestion. I will tick this as resolved if for any reason your suggestions don't work I will start a new thread.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Android Oreo News: Release Date & New Features

Best Photo Editing Apps for iPad

iMac 21.5-inch (2017) review

Comment regarder le combat entre McGregor et Mayweather ?