Is winndows update site down?

holly polly 21:13 11 Oct 2003

hi just done a low level format of this comp ,reinstalled win me internet sp etc ,no problem ,windows update however is a diffrent story ,explorer takes a eternity ,and more often then not cannot find page ,same problem too ,when browsing through explorer ,anyone had similar problems ,or got a suggestion as to what has gone wrong?,my isp provider aol browser ,no problems ,as microsofts site took a turn for the worst?-best wishes -hol pol....

jospar 23:36 11 Oct 2003

It seems likely.

Speaking to my ex-hubby last night he was having troule with downloded ME up-dates (all) could get onto site but then he got 0-100% in a flash and nothing?

Can't tell you how long he's been trying, has I returned his computer about 3 weeks ago, No I didn't steel it or damaged it but done a major overhaul on it, and let him put everything back on I just sorted and reinstalled ME for him. 3 days work trying to sort the thing out!

powerless 23:38 11 Oct 2003

WU is there.

I'm on it now.

hugh-265156 23:42 11 Oct 2003

just checked and scanned all working here.

Djohn 23:44 11 Oct 2003

I'm with AOL and just been to M/S update site. It checked my system, (XP) and informed me no updates required. This would be correct as it auto updated last night. It connected, downloaded and installed through IE while I was still in the PCA forum via AOL browser. j.

holly polly 10:07 12 Oct 2003

tried it this morning ,downloaded updates ok ,3 and half hours yesterday to download ie 6 on bb was a joke ,best regards to all concerned -hol pol....

broggs 10:12 12 Oct 2003

for updates try click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Acer Predator 21X review

These hilarious robot GIFs will be sure to make you smile

Best podcast apps for iPhone & iPad

Nokia 8 : design, caractéristiques techniques, date de sortie