Winfax trouble

scan513 14:16 03 Mar 2004

Hi, I installed Winfax on computer because I prefer letters to emails.
Well, it went on ok, but nothing will send it just keeps saying 'no answer'. I've checked which port it's sending from, but we have a TAPI connection and , as that's the only live connection , surely it is going through that one? I've tried sending one to my work, which I KNOW wasn't engaged and the same thing happened. But when I check the COM ports via 'modems' under 'setting's it only seems to check COM1 and says there's nothing there. This TAPI is on COM4. I don't hear a dialling tone when it tries to connect but I suppose I wouldn't becuase it's broadband , therefore no tone. Do I have to alter something somewhere? I've tried everything I can think of. Also it asks me where I want to print the fax to and then suggests I choose 'winfax' as an option rather than a 'real' printer since we don't want a copy of it here, we want it to send!! I've used Winfax before with no problems but this has stumped me altogether. I used to be able to send stuff from MS Works via Winfax before, but not now. HELP!! Could anyone enlighten me as to how I fix this as it's driving me crazy.

I'd be very grateful for any help thank you.

OS is Win 98.

beeuuem 14:55 03 Mar 2004

It appears that you are trying to send a fax using BB. This thread may explain your problem click here

scan513 15:53 03 Mar 2004

Thanks beeuuem, that link was a great help :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?