Windowxp movie maker and codecs.

swapper 16:05 02 Dec 2003

Further to my previous...

What are codecs anyway?? :-)))

struggle8 16:40 02 Dec 2003

what do you want to do

swapper 18:28 02 Dec 2003

Its o.k. thanks ...struggle 8, I think my broblem has been resolved, I will know in a week or so.

This was my problem...
Using WinXP Movie Maker I have just joined photographs with fade outs etc. and music, the end result is excellent (as far as I am concerned).
I copied the reuls to a new CD, tested it on my PC and it was fine.

I gave it to my friend who has WinMe who, when he played it, saw the Window Media Player appear, heard the music, but saw no pictures of any kind.

He did say that he saw a message saying something like "searching for Codecs" He is not on line, so I must put everthing on a CD for him.

Any advice please

A_World_Maker 18:55 02 Dec 2003

try here click here

Here click here

Here click here

and here click here

swapper 16:11 04 Dec 2003

Thanks for the info also A_World_Maker, but I seem to getting nowhere.

I made a music/jpeg slideshow with WindowsMovie MakerXP, it is o.k. running in Windows Media Player ver. 9.0
Each picture fades out and music plays.
I copied it to CD and tried it my PC it is fine.
I tried it another PC running WindowsME with Windows Media player ver.7.01
Although the music plays there is no picture show.
I downloaded "WMPlayer codecs for7 or XP Codecs.exe" copied the file to CD and opened it in the WinME PC, still with the same result, what can I be doing wrong?
I am also going to start a new thread (I think).

T.I.A.

A_World_Maker 00:25 05 Dec 2003

The codecs arent compatible with different versions of Media player. Try upgrading the Media player on the other machine and see what happens

A_World_Maker 00:26 05 Dec 2003

you may have to make the file a self exe file.. so that it carried an embedded runtime engine to show all the media

swapper 10:39 05 Dec 2003

Thanks for the advice, I will try and get WMPlayer ver 9 to my friend and see if that works, now that I know that codecs are not compatible with different versions I can go from there.
I will consider this problem resolved but not enter it as such until I have upgraded.

Thanks again.

swapper 10:42 05 Dec 2003

I'll have to pass about making the file a self exe file, A_World_Maker, I haven't a clue what you are talking about , could you advice me please? :-)))

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 review

Be inspired by powerful National Theatre posters from the past 50 years

How to use the new Photos, Notes and Safari features in macOS High Sierra

Galaxy Note 8 : design, caractéristiques techniques, date de sortie