WindowsXP + Apache + DSL Gateway = Trouble

sciguyryan 20:05 30 Mar 2004

Hello all...
I'm not Sciguyryan, I'm his friend. He let me login as him to ask a question because I couldn't register. Ok, my question may be kinda complicated. I live in Washington/USA and I have a dsl connection through a dsl gateway from a company called Actiontec. The model number is R1524SU and my ISP is MSN. Now I have downloaded Apache and I'm trying to get the rest of the world to be able to see my server. If I type in my IP address in the address bar of my browser it will go to the built in web-based control panel for my Actiontec. I see many settings and I have tried setting the port forwarding so it will forward port 80 to my computer but it doesn't work. I have a dynamic IP address but I can fix that by linking it to no-ip.com which I have already done. I believe that the problem has to do with port forwarding but I can't figure how to do it. So I suppose my question is how can I setup my dsl gateway to forward port 80 to the web server on my computer. I think it is just some simple setting I'm missing but I need help. Has anyone used the actiontec and successfully got a server working on it? Can anybody help me? I would greatly appreciate the help.

JimmE 00:31 16 Nov 2004

But if you still haven't solved it, or if you have given up, or if it is useful to someone else, I expect you have an option somewhere in the gateway settings which says something to the effect of remote management with choices of enable / disable. Set this to disable and see what happens. Also check that apache is running on port 80 - or try typing http :// your-ip :8080 into the address bar (without the spaces)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse's new logo: the trainer brand looks to its heritage for a fresh identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?