Windows/system32/LSHRPN.EXE

aboutit 18:11 18 Dec 2008

Can someone tell me what this file is for and can i delete it , mine is infected with a trojan i can`t get rid of

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:17 18 Dec 2008

Its not a windows file and should not be in the system 32 folder.

Just delete it.

birdface 18:36 18 Dec 2008

Tried Googling for it.Nothing found.Did you spell it right.

Sea Urchin 18:56 18 Dec 2008

This is the third thread you've started about the same topic - I presume you haven't yet got Task Manager to run? Lshrpn.exe can be part of the Hupigon13 Trojan, and SpyBot S&D is one of the few programs that will detect it. However, it cannot easily be deleted, and if you just delete as suggested above it will most likely come straight back.

If you read this link it will give you some idea what you may be up against, and if you scroll down to:

"Apparently, the Hupigon source code was released to public and there are many variants out there. I will post the Windows script (.bat) below so that if anyone is infected with this hard-to-remove trojan, I hope it will make it a little easy for you".

you will find a suggested solution. It is a very involved process, and the preparation must be followed to the letter if it is to work.

click here

Good luck

aboutit 21:08 18 Dec 2008

I have tried to follow the instructions given but it states locate cmd.exe in system 32 I can find cmd but not cmd.exe

Sea Urchin 22:50 18 Dec 2008

It sounds to me as if you haven't done the prework - as I said the preparation is very important before you get to locating cmd.exe

During that you need to show file extensions as part of the process of showing hidden files - this shows you how

click here

Make sure you back up your system before you start, but if you are not happy tackling this yourself you should post a log on the HijackThis forum as shown on my first link.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?