Windows98 - lost Audio

Cesare 08:18 24 Feb 2007

I carefully inserted a Network card and connected my widows 98 PC to a LAN switch where I also had Windows Xp PC connected to a cable modem. Mwindows 98 only had normal connection to the internet the first 24hrs then it kept telling me that I have no connection. Then I also realized that I have no audio and Audio HQ diagonistics keep telling me that I have no audio card installed !! I opened my PC and confirmed that the Creative Sound Blaster Audio Card is in place and connected and all seem correct. So is my network card. I am baffled ! Any suggestions apppreciated.

STREETWORK 08:38 24 Feb 2007

It is possible that the driver used for the card has interfered with the sound card driver, not uncommon with Win98.

Download a new driver for the sound card from Creative website.

Go into device manager and delete the sound card driver from there.

Install the new driver which you down loaded.

Go into control panel and check the settings in Sound and Audio Settings.

Post Back...

Cesare 09:39 24 Feb 2007

I had already tried & downloaded a new diver for the voice card but I just cant install it as it wont continue the installation, cos it cannot detect the audio card. On Control panel under 'audio', I get this: No audio device that is compatable with this application can be found. Reinstall the card and run installation package again.' On

Cesare 16:28 24 Feb 2007

Any friendly advise appreciated please.

Cesare 14:04 25 Feb 2007

Well, I inadvertently bought and installed a LAN Card suitable only for Win98SE, 2000,ME, XP and NOT 98. I suspect that my Wiw98 Creative Audio driver was corrupted by the LanCard driver. I cannot reinstall a new driver now as it does not instal unless it detects the Audio Card. Does anyone have a suggestion to rectify this please? Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

Les meilleures applications pour enfants 2017