Windows7 & MS outlook 2003

Outlook will not retain my email password even thought i have ticked the "remember my password" Box.

anyone know why?

Regards and seasons greetings to all

[email protected]

mgmcc 11:56 06 Dec 2009

What type of Account are you using it with? I use Outlook 2003 in conjunction with a Microsoft Exchange Server account and it won't save the Password (in XP, Vista and 7), but if you're using an ISP's POP3 or IMAP sever, it should save your Password.

I am using a pop 3 account, but its still not saving it.

mgmcc 12:11 06 Dec 2009

Go into "Tools > Email Accounts" then "View or change existing email accounts". Highlight your Account (you probably only have the one) and click the Change button. Make sure "Remember Password" is ticked in the Logon Information section in there.

I have done as you suggested,but each time i exit the program and re-start it the password is blank but the tick is still in the remember password box.

mgmcc 13:58 06 Dec 2009

Try this - open Outlook, run a Send/Receive session but *UNTICK* the Save Password box. Close Outlook then re-open it. Run a second Send/Receive session, type in your Password, then tick the Save Password box and see if it is saved after that.

Done that but as usual when i re-run outlook the password box is ticked but the password box is empty.

I think I will just have to accept the fact that i need to enter my password each time i open the program.

Thanks for your effort it is appriciated
[email protected]

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?