Windows7 and Microsoft Works

ludmilla 20:46 18 Nov 2010

I have recently bought a new computer with Windows 7 and Microsoft Office Home and Student 2010. My last computer had Works 2002 and Windows XP home.
I cannot open the calender or the databases.
Is it possible to put Microsoft Works 9 into my new computer so that I can open my databases and reinstate my calender or will the the Microsoft Office exclude this
Thanks
Ludmilla

Terry Brown 21:01 18 Nov 2010

If you set a restore point first (so you can go back)try installing Works 9, I cannot say if will open the 2002 files or not, but nothing ventured , nothing gained.

In theory, Works 9 should be a different program to Microsoft office and it should not affect it, however no guarantees.
Terry

mgmcc 12:14 19 Nov 2010

MS Works will run fine in Windows 7.

I have Works 7 (2003) and Office 2003 both installed in Windows 7, as I also have some old Works files that I still need to access.

gel 07:39 20 Nov 2010

I have Microsoft Works Version 7 from 2002 from my old XP Windows installed on Windows 7 and it works

All can be used on Windows 7 with the exception of Works Data base

If you find a way of viewing this on Windows 7 I would be interested
gel

mgmcc 07:48 20 Nov 2010

>>> All can be used on Windows 7 with the exception of Works Data base

What's the problem you're having with the "Data" application? It opens OK in my copy of Works 7 running in Windows 7.

gel 07:57 20 Nov 2010

I have tried what you say mgmcc and it works
Thank you
I find the easiest way to view is to put the file name into search bottom left hand corner and up it comes
I am very new to windows 7( Only 2 weeks practice) so I am finding my way around
gel

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?