windows XP,code 10

jenmat 08:05 05 Dec 2003

i have recently upgraded my PC to WINDOWS XP,from windows 98 se,I then started to instal my printer,scanner,I then tried to instal my camcorder but had some problems,I got a message saying that it could not start as it had a code 10?,what is code 10,how do i get around it.????

powerless 08:08 05 Dec 2003

If the device has a "FailReasonString" value in its hardware key, that string is displayed as the error message. The driver or enumerator places this registry string value there. If there is no "FailReasonString" in the hardware key, the following generic error message is displayed:

This device is either not present, not working properly, or does not have all the drivers installed. (Code 10)

Try upgrading the device drivers for this device.

Solution button: Update Driver

To resolve this error code, make sure the device is connected to the computer correctly. For example, make sure all cables are plugged in fully and that all adapter cards are properly seated. Follow the suggested solution button and update the device driver. It may be possible to remove the device and redetect it using the Add New Hardware wizard.

click here

Remove it from Device Manager and reboot let XP detect it again.

See if you get a code 10.

Do you have up-to-date and Windows XP drivers?

Paddso 15:37 06 Dec 2003

My Camcorder also does not work in Windows XP. I have a JVC GR DVL9600. I have 2 firewire connections to my computer, one is with the Audigy2 sound card and the other is a Pyro card. Both of these cards show OK in device manager but they do not recognise my camera I have done considerable research of the various forums on the net but as yet I haven't reached a solution to the problem. JVC and ADS, the producer of the firewire card, do not provide drivers as the say XP should support the device. Sorry to be pessimistic but I wish you success in your struggle

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?