Windows xp Wont startup

anderson1967 21:43 08 Dec 2007

Its my computer that has the problem this time.

This is what i get when i switch on my p.c

We appologise for the inconvience,but windows did not start successfully.A recent hardware or software change might have cause this.

if your computer stopped responding ,restarted unexpectedly or was automatically shut down to protect your files and folders,choose last known good configurationto revert to most recent settings that worked.

If a previous start up attempt was interupted due to power failure or becase the power or reset button was pressed choose to start windows normally.

Choices you get are safe mode,safe mode with networking and safe mode with command prompt and lastly start windows normally.

i have tried all of them to get it to start up but it always goes to a blue screen and that disapears so fast all i can read on it is Unabtainable_boot_volume

Then it restarts and keeps doing the same thing over and over again.Hope someone can help the computer is only 1 year old.

SANTOS7 21:53 08 Dec 2007

click here

The error message will actually read UNMOUNTABLE-BOOT-VOLUME the link will help, you are going to need a copy of your O/S.

VoG II 21:54 08 Dec 2007

If the message is Unmountable_Boot_Volume and you cannot get into Windows try a repair click here

woodchip 22:13 08 Dec 2007

Try keep tapping F5 as your computer starts, see if it will go to safe mode

anderson1967 22:21 08 Dec 2007

Hi woodchip i tried tapping f5 and no it wont go into safe mode are there any other choices off that menu i should choose for instance disable automatic restart on system failure iwont do anything until i get a reply from you.

AndySD 23:33 08 Dec 2007

Yes choose disable automatic restart on system failure you can then get the whole error message

woodchip 00:40 09 Dec 2007

I would say you are going to have to run a Repair if you have a XP CD not a Restore CD. By starting with CD then choose repair and press R

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?