windows xp student licence??

shermenator 12:21 16 Jun 2003

hey. does anyone know where to get a student licence of windows xp? i know you can get it but i have fogotten where to get it online.

Djohn 12:36 16 Jun 2003

click here £40.00

The Sack 12:37 16 Jun 2003
  shermenator 12:55 16 Jun 2003

ahh thats the one thanks people

shermenator 12:57 16 Jun 2003

hey how do you actually find the student licences on that site? i just cant find them. i know you have given me the win xp home. i am wondering about the win xp pro

Djohn 14:21 16 Jun 2003

Check again, both links are for the Pro. version :o)

Kobayashimaru 15:36 16 Jun 2003

The Upgrade that is on Insite's website is for Educational use only not Student. I.e for the School, College to use.

If you were to purchase this and not be an educational establishment then you would not be able to register it. Then

"After 30 Days when Product Activation is activated the product would be made useless" Quoted from Microsoft Contact Team.

The only Teacher/Student License that Microsoft do now is Office XP Standard for £99.99.

Djohn 17:33 16 Jun 2003

My purchase from insight was with the knowledge and recommendation from Microsoft. It is both registered and activated.

My information was from M/Soft customer services. They asked me how I thought I qualified, I explained, they agreed.

I can't speak for Microsoft in any way at all, these are my personal opinions only.

I feel that Microsoft are well aware of the cost of their products. They would rather people purchased a product, (At a discount), from a legal source, as long as they meet the requirements, than to obtain from other, maybe dubious means. Regards. j.

shermenator 17:42 16 Jun 2003

how did you qualify djohn??

Djohn 18:01 16 Jun 2003

The housing scheme, where I live, has a fair proportion of elderly people. Microsoft & Age concern have installed in the Common room a complete system for the local residents to have access to IT in general.

The local university are providing the initial 8 weeks training, I have been volunteered to take over after this period, to help those that have not fully grasped the basics of PC/Internet use.

They where more than happy to agree that an up-grade from 98se under the Academic licence applied to me.

Partly because of this Microsoft also gave me a full retail version of Office XP, so that I could bring myself up to speed on the use of Office.

I've contacted Microsoft on several occasions, always found them to be most polite and helpful with any questions/problems I have come across. Regards. j.

shermenator 18:04 16 Jun 2003

two of my friends have gotten this win xp from the insite site and both are not an academic institute or anything. 1 isnt even a student. yet they both have activated their copies

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone