laptop starts up then shows windows starting up, goes to choice showing start in safe mode etc no matter wht i pick...the blue screen flashes momentarily ( took a pic) and it shows 0x00000ED (0x81aa9850), 0xc000000d6,0x00000000, 0x00000000
cant access tht at mo, will try later can re-install windows either as pc will not acces cd drive. its a bit like groundhog day, when it shows screen for Safe mode etc no matter what i do it closes down and shows same screen
Using the link I tried (and failed!) to post, right-click on the "click here" and select "copy link location. Paste it into your address bar. Then select everything else, including the semi-colon, click on your address bar with the left mouse button, move the cursor to the end of what's already in there and paste the rest of the address in. The link should then work.
the database, doesnt cover my problem.. all I get is the Safe mode oprtions..no matter what i pick..it closes down and starts up showing as if windows is booting up , then the blue screen with the parameters as shown, then into the safe mode choice etc. tried the option to boot from CD but, cant access CD
1. Boot the computer using the XP CD. You may need to change the boot order in the system BIOS so the CD boots before the hard drive. Check your system documentation for steps to access the BIOS and change the boot order.
2. When you see the "Welcome To Setup" screen, you will see This portion of the Setup program prepares Microsoft Windows XP to run on your computer:
To setup Windows XP now, press ENTER.
To repair a Windows XP installation using Recovery Console, press R.
To quit Setup without installing Windows XP, press F3.
3. Press Enter to start the Windows Setup.
To setup Windows XP now and Repair Install , press ENTER.
DO NOT choose "To repair a Windows XP installation using the Recovery Console, press R", (you Do Not want to load Recovery Console).
4. Accept the License Agreement and Windows will search for existing Windows installations.
5. Select the XP installation you want to repair from the list and press R to start the repair.
6. Setup will copy the necessary files to the hard drive and reboot.
Do not press any key to boot from CD when the message appears.
Setup will continue as if it were doing a clean install, but your applications and settings will remain intact.