Windows XP SP3 shutdown error - HELP!!!

mibpoker 13:51 04 May 2010

Hi,
I have the following problem:
Sistem: XP Prof SP3
I've installed Acrobat 8.0 cracked after a while I've accepted the update to 8.1.3 (or 8.3) from Adobe web site (bad idea, I know now). I didn't let the update to finish as it was taking to long. After that I decided to uninstall: The uninstall process took very long with succesive progress bars that never reached the end. Finally I've received the message "You need to restart for the uninstall to be complete". I clicked YES to restart. During shut down windows couldn't shut down the YM so it tried a forced close with EndTask. In the same time (without waiting for EndTask to performe its job) I've closed YM myself using right click --> Exit YM. This was a key moment I guess and I am not sure if the shut down process was made completlly as I didn't watched the monitor. Windows restared and the software was removed. I've kept on working till the evenning when I tried to shut down the computer. It was then when I notice that in spite of the fact that I clicked on the shut down button windows restarted because during the shutdown process encountered this error on a blue screen:
STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error}
The Windows Logon Process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000034 (0x00000000 0x0000000)
The system has been shutdown.

I can still logon and use the computer just fine BUT the error appears on a blue screen when I try to shutdown windows and I need to power it down from the power button. When I start windows again it makes some memory test and then I get the logon screen and everithing is fine.

How can I get rid off that blue screen and make windows shuts down correctly?

I've tried all of the microsoft KB solustions except of reinstall. I do not want yet to try reinstall because I have some licensed programs that I can't put them back as I have to go to the supplier's HQ and after that I'll have to make a many different updates and many specific program setups.
I've also tried the troubleshooter from click here except reinstall.

Can anyone help me please?

northumbria61 14:01 04 May 2010

I would suggest you do a System Restore to a time before you installed the update to Adobe Acrobat.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:56 04 May 2010

click here;en-us;156669

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

This is what design agencies will look like in 2032

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache