Windows XP SP2 download

darkangel666 02:54 11 Aug 2004

Hi All

If you want the full XP sP2, here is a place to get it

click here

It hasn't appear on Windows Update yet and when it does, it will probably flood MS servers, so get it now while the speeds are good.

This site above was been mentioned a few times on this forum and I wrote to the Webmaster to say thanks. He answered (some snips)...

'If you can point people to The Software Patch via links in forums and sites, then this will help beginners keep up to date and avoid nasties like Sasser and Blaster. The more people who are updated, the better the Web will be for everyone.'

That's pretty good advice!

cagey 19:59 11 Aug 2004

darkangel666 Have just downloaded SP2 from site you quoted. Will have to install it later as I have to go out now. Thanks.

Gaz 25 20:29 11 Aug 2004

Everyone has installed it, reported the problems and them microsoft rectify them... and I know what to expect.

My PC's are running flawlessly at the moment.

chippy+ 09:46 12 Aug 2004

Is the SP2 mentioned on the helproom the same version as the one ms is going to release on windows update or should i wait
thanks Chippy

chippy+ 09:46 12 Aug 2004

Is the SP2 mentioned on the helproom the same version as the one ms is going to release on windows update or should i wait
thanks Chippy

ventanas 10:02 12 Aug 2004

Its been available from Microsoft since Monday click here

Graham ® 10:34 12 Aug 2004

From ventanas link:

'DO NOT CLICK DOWNLOAD IF YOU ARE UPDATING JUST ONE COMPUTER: A smaller, more appropriate download will be available soon on Windows Update. '

ventanas 11:01 12 Aug 2004

Whyever not. It does the same job, and if like me you only have BB at work there is no other choice.

Folk can make up their own minds.

Graham ® 11:48 12 Aug 2004

No criticism intended, but it's a hefty download at 272391 kb for someone on dial-up. They may benefit by waiting for the smaller version.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?