Windows Xp & Send to

Tikka 19:33 06 Apr 2003

I want to put the printdir.bat program into the 'Send to' context menu. The folder was\ easy to find under W98 but where is it in W XP.

spikeychris 19:36 06 Apr 2003

Start run and type sendto..hit enter.

Chris

Taran 19:46 06 Apr 2003

It's a hidden folder in Windows XP, so you need to enable hidden files/folders in your folder options or Windows search (and you) cannot find it to begin with.

Open up your Control Panel, double click on Folder Options then click the View tab. Select the option to "Show hidden files and folders" then click Apply then OK.

Now go into your C: drive, double click the Documents and Settings folder, double click your profile name folder and your Send To folder is in there. On my system, the directory the Send To folder is in, is as follows:

C:\Documents and Settings\Taran

You can add whatever shortcuts you like to it with a simple copy and paste.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Taran

spikeychris 20:04 06 Apr 2003

Hi Taran

Agree with your post but do you not think its easier to just type "sendto" into run

Chris

Taran 20:17 06 Apr 2003

I didn't add my method to contradict yours Chris and yes, your method is easier if all you want to do is open the Send To folder.

However, there are instances where it is handy to know how to enable or disable hidden file/folder view and knowing where the Send To folder is in your directory structure, and how to add shortcuts or programs to it, is equally useful.

Regards

Taran

spikeychris 20:23 06 Apr 2003

Very useful indeed. :o)

Regards

Chris

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?