Windows Xp Right Click

scooby43 21:29 06 Mar 2003

Hi all

I know this seems like a strange question to ask but I am unable to right click

I mean when I go to start menu and program files for example and right click there is usally a list of options.

eg sort by name arrange by name etc well it wont work now all I get is a flash when I try right clicking and nothing else I am not eniterly sure what has caused this as it has happened before does anyone know how I can fix it I hope I have explained it well enough :)

Cheers

VoG™ 22:02 06 Mar 2003

Have you tried a System Restore to a time before this happened?

powerless 22:05 06 Mar 2003

click here

Start - Control Panel - Taskbar & Start Menu - Start Menu - Customise - Advanced - Enable Dragging & Dropping

scooby43 23:48 06 Mar 2003

hi thanks for the quick replys it happened to me tonight I am not sure why I cant right click ill have a look at your link Powerless thanks for your suggestions ill let you know how I get on

I havent made a restore point recently VoG™

cheers

scooby43 23:49 06 Mar 2003

sorry did I mention that I am using windows XP Home Edition

cheers

freakbrothers 23:51 06 Mar 2003

also, try in administrator user.
if it works in that then its the user profile that set incorretctly.

HTH

freddy

watchful 12:46 07 Mar 2003

My system restore in Win XP automatically creates a restore point whenever anything is altered.

artist 16:52 07 Mar 2003

Mine too.

But isn't there a way to turn it off if you want?

Maybe that's whats happened to Scoobys.

scooby43 17:34 07 Mar 2003

hi all

thanks for the posts sorry I havent been able to reply sooner has I have been at college allday that did the trick thanks as suggested by powerless through control panel etc I didnt know it was the drag drop as before I got frustrated with it when it stopped working on me once before and I ended up wiping the hard drive and starting again :).

watchful just reading what you put what do you mean it automatically creates a restore point as I create a restore manually it dosnt alert me or am I missing something?

cheers

watchful 17:54 07 Mar 2003

I've never created a restore point manually but don't know how it is set. It's just always been like that and it's got me out of a few scrapes so far. I just go to system restore and sure enough there are always a few highlighted dates. I just choose one a couple of days previous to the mess I'm in and it puts it all back to normal.
I'll have to see if I can find the settings.

VoG™ 17:59 07 Mar 2003

Mine also creates Restore Points automatically - about once a day on average.

Having said that, it's a good idea to create a manual point before changing anything major (like installing software or hardware).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone