windows xp problems...no skin ... internet not wor

stephen0205 10:02 07 Nov 2006

i was told i could stop sertian programs while xp was booting by goin in to msconfig and i turned off aol and some outher software that i knew what it was and when the pc restarted it came up with the windows old skin .. grey

then lots of errors and stuff so i went into the ms config and changed it back and restarted and the smae thing happened even thought i put it back to the way it was and now i cant even get online so im using my college computers to put up this post... i thought it might have deleted windows files and because its an acer laptop it has a recovery disk not a windows xp one to install the missing stuff .. can anyone help

johnnyrocker 10:08 07 Nov 2006

system restore?

johnny.

Strawballs 10:43 07 Nov 2006

That should have nothing to do with the start up, unlike 98 XP does not need anything in start up (though I would not recomend taking anti-virus out) so it seems strange that this should happen. But I agree with Johnny on this one restore to before it happened.

stephen0205 13:17 08 Nov 2006

thans for the help .. i had to reformat it as it didnt have a restore point as ive only got it back last week

stephen0205 13:18 08 Nov 2006

thans for the help .. i had to reformat it as it didnt have a restore point as ive only got it back last week

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?