Windows XP Pro - missing details in Properties

Appletree 23:00 20 Mar 2004

Originally when XP installed, for pictures, when File\Properties was selected the pane had two tabs: 'General' and 'Summary'. Now only the General tab shows in the pane. The Summary could then be expanded to 'Advanced' which showed all the meta data for the picture, i.e. details of the camera, exposure, f number, etc. This was very useful.
The change may have occured when I included a Windows update. I have included all the Windows updates available for XP from the Microsoft site.
Why is this second tab 'Summary' not now available? Any ideas or suggestions most welcome.

temp003 03:31 21 Mar 2004

click here

Open Notepad.

Go to the link above and copy the text (starting from REGEDIT 4 onwards) and paste it in Notepad.

Then in Notepad click Save as. In the box: save as type, select All Files. Then save the file as image.reg somewhere on your computer.

Then back up the relevant registry hive. click Start, Run, type regedit and press Enter.

On the left, highlight HKEY Classes Root. At the top left, click Registry, Export registry file, and save it as ClassesRoot.reg, at a location you remember. Exit Regedit.

Then go to image.reg file. Right click and select Merge. Confirm.

Try and see if the Summary tab comes back (restart if necessary).

If the tab comes back, and image files and programs open correctly (give it some time), you can delete the backed up ClassesRoot.reg file.

Appletree 19:45 21 Mar 2004

Many thanks 'temp003' for your info re my missing Properties. I have followed your directions and modified the registry in Windows and all now is well, I can view the Summary data.

Apple.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?