Windows XP Pro Activation

23790954 12:36 11 Jul 2006

As a silver surfer, I have just built a good quality computer for my 38 year old daughters birthday. I have also purchased a new version of Windows XP Pro which I have installed on her system. My query is this: As she only uses a dial up internet system for her computer, it will take quite a long time to update all the programmes. (Anti-virus, Windows etc.) I personally use broadband. I have built this sytem at my home. If I arrange the settings for me, myself, to use my broadband, at my home, to update all the programmes on her new system, will this interfere with the activation of the Windows XP, when I install it in her home, and she uses her dial up modem to activate it.
Remember I will have to change all the internet settings again so that she can use her own dial up settings. Thanks for all information given.

SG Atlantis® 12:42 11 Jul 2006

so activate and register it at your home, it won't matter either way, just use her name and details for the registration.

Then set up her dial up when ya get it over to her house.

SG Atlantis® 12:42 11 Jul 2006

so activate and register it at your home, it won't matter either way, just use her name and details for the registration.

Then set up her dial up when ya get it over to her house.

€dstowe 13:31 11 Jul 2006

Remember that whilst activation is a requirement to use XP, registration isn't.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?