Windows XP and Outlook Express

PAE 17:24 13 Nov 2003

I have just got a new machine running XP Home. I need to partition it but because I have linked to the Internet I have received some messages. I need to copy them to another disk before I partition but I can't find them. Old machine runs Me and they are stored in Application Data. This doesn't seem to exist. Can anyone help me? Looking at properties they should be in Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\A... Can only get as far as Owner.
Thanks

christmascracker 17:42 13 Nov 2003

Application data is a hidden folder, to show them go to folder options, view and tick show hidden files and folders.

It's in C/docs & settings/user name

PAE 18:30 13 Nov 2003

No joy. When I open up Documents and Settings I have 2 folders. Owner and All Users. Owner opens up to Cookies, Desktop, My Documents, Start Menu, Windows Favorites and NT User. None of which hold the files I am looking for. I have tried a search for *.DBX files and it comes back as none found. I am getting desperate as I have load of files off my old machine that I want to copy over.

beeuuem 18:39 13 Nov 2003

This may help click here

PAE 18:58 13 Nov 2003

Sorry no joy. I am trying to find where those that have come in are stored.

christmascracker 19:06 13 Nov 2003

click here

Dont know if this will be of any help

beeuuem 22:59 13 Nov 2003

You can determine the location of the message store from OE. Go to 'Tools' > 'Options' > 'Maintenance' and click on 'Store Folder'.

Having made sure that the settings have been changed so that they are displayed the following will take you to the store.

If you are using Windows XP computer, follow these directions:

Double-click Local Disk (C:) (Note: If you installed your Windows System to a drive other than "C:", click that drive instead)
Double-click Documents and Settings
Double-click Your User Name (Note: Your User Identity is a long string of letters and numbers. If there is only one string of letters and numbers in this folder, simply double-click on this string. If there is more than one string of such letters and numbers in this folder, refer to the Determining Your Identity instructions at the bottom of this page to determine which one is yours.)
Double-click Application Data
Double-click Identities
Double-click Your User Identity (e.g. '3484842443343')
Double-click Microsoft
Double-click Outlook Express
Click OK

beeuuem 23:01 13 Nov 2003

Sorry, in the above the 2nd para should be -

Having made sure that the settings have been changed so that 'Hidden files ansd folders' are displayed the following will take you to the store.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017