Windows XP Media Center.

Sparkly 22:29 18 Jan 2007

Hi guys just had a call from my brother in law he has just bought a new dell E520 i think he said it has windows media center on it and he has been trying to set it up with his set top box (cable) but he says it goes through the scanning stage but reports to him that there is no signal or any transmissions being recived,he has took the coaxial input out of the set top box and put the arial in to the tv in but media center scans and gives him the same message. I know this is a bit vauge but if antone has any ideas it would be a help as i have had no dealings with media center.
Cheers.

anskyber 22:34 18 Jan 2007

Does he have a TV tuner in the PC? A media center PC still needs to decode the signal and not all media center PC's come with the tuner.

Sparkly 06:23 19 Jan 2007

Hi anskyber yes it came with a tv tuner i said to him was it tv in or tv out on the back of the pc and he says its tv in.
Thanks

Sparkly 08:10 19 Jan 2007

Hi got an email back this morning from inlaw ahe said Yes it's fine. I still couldn't get it to work last night - managed to get poor quality analogue BBC1 and ITV but couldn't pick up the freeview channels. Could it be that the signal strength is due to it being connected by coaxial rather than abetter connector.

ArrGee 09:05 19 Jan 2007

I have the same problem with media centre and my Sky+ box. However, as a quick fix, I use ArcSoft Totalmedia, which works brilliantly and allows me to record programmes from the Sky+ box.

click here

However, I look forward to anyone who can find a solution within media centre.

Sparkly 09:18 19 Jan 2007

Thanks ArrGee i will check it out.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone