windows xp freezes in explorer

timerep 18:28 22 Apr 2004

I have windows xp and am running a cordless mouse and keyboard. All works fine untill I go into internet explorer and after a wile everything freezes.No Mouse keyboard nothing works.All drivers seem up to date but it does it with a standard corded keyboard and mouse as well.Sometimes xp will boot up to the desktop and the mouse wont work,so you have to restart. Ive changed the cpu the memory checked for conflicts(when I can get it to go long enough) Any ideas would be gratefully taken onboard

Taw® 18:51 22 Apr 2004

I had similar probs as postedmany times on this forum. Advice always seem to direct me to graphics card. Eventually changed card and found that it was faulty. However my pc still froze now and again. About five weeks ago I updated my bios and it has been running a dream. may be of interest to you

timerep 19:07 23 Apr 2004

thanks taw, unfortunately the bios on my board is the latest one for it as its a k7vza v3 thats no longer made and I had a new bios chip put on as the original one went kaput.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?