Windows XP files in blue font

MICKY BOY 09:31 27 Sep 2006

Have just had my hardrive reformatted and installed all the hardware and software. But windows plays up now and then and is not running right. Have gone into the hardrive files and noticed that some of the files in windows are in blue font. Can anybody tell me why this is and is it possible to rectify the window XP files without reformatting.
My original XP disk is a lot older than the current windows XP so I don’t think I can use this disk to patch up contaminated files.
Is there a Microsoft site that could scan my computer to tell what is wrong.

I would be grateful for any advice, as I do not want to reformat again if possible.

Regards

Mick

VoG II 09:38 27 Sep 2006

There's nothing wrong click here

MICKY BOY 10:12 27 Sep 2006

Thanks VoG™ very interesting site with lots of information. So its OK having blue highlighted files did not know that.
VoG™ can you help me with one of the problems I am having with Windows. I cannot remove any of the icons in the system tray. Have tried using msconfig and WinPatrol software. But each time the system tray icons reappear.

Mick

VoG II 10:56 27 Sep 2006

Icons for which programs?

MICKY BOY 11:17 27 Sep 2006

VoG™ after I had my hardrive formatted as I reinstalled the various software all the startup icons went to the system tray ie Windows Messenger, Adobe Photo etc most of which I do not require for day to day use. So have tried to remove them but can’t. Also it slows the startup time down as Windows installs all the icons every time.

Mick

VoG II 11:31 27 Sep 2006

Try following this little tutorial click here

MICKY BOY 11:49 27 Sep 2006

VoG™ have just run msconfig again this has got to be the tenth time still the same. All the icons that I removed are in the system tray again when I start windows
Any other suggestions ?

Mick

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: UAL Central Saint Martins

MacBook Pro 15-inch (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?