Windows XP: Error before the loading screen

Usx9 02:03 21 Sep 2008

I have a serious problem with my computer which is running Windows XP professional. When i go to turn on my PC, everthing works like it should, until windows wants to boot up, the first time this happend, i just ignored it since it had the same error as it did in your Mini-laptops mag, but mine is persistant and keeps coming back at the same point, no matter what option i do, safe mode, last known config or normal boot up. The blue-screen says something along the lines of: "Check to be sure you have adequate disk space. If a driver is identified in the Stop message, disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for driver updates. Try changing video adaptors.

Check with your hardware vendor for any BIOS updates. Disable BIOS memory options such caching or shadowing.

TECHNIAL information:

*** sptd.sys - Address F751C1EC base at F74D9000, Datestamp 477bbd59"
However Safe mode wont work, nor will LNGConfig, as the turn the same error, i have tried taking everything out exept graphics cards, ram cards and taken out cd-rom and floppy drive to no avail. Is this a quick WinXP cd repair, full install or (which i dread) HDD death or error

MCE2K5 02:24 21 Sep 2008

sptd.sys is part of DAEMON Tools & Alcohol 120%,

Read this click here 4th Post Down by 'g-paw' 04-17-2007 at 11:09:33 PM.

"it should be safe to do a Windows Repair booting off the CD. "

Also found click here click here click here

Usx9 02:39 21 Sep 2008

does it help that i have a SCSI expansion card which also has a IDE port on it?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Nokia 8 vs Galaxy S8

Best new design books 2017: From vintage infographics to the the psychology of type

iMac 21.5-inch (2017) review

Nokia 8 : design, caractéristiques techniques, date de sortie