Windows XP and Epson Stylus Colour 580 Printer

ratfink77 18:55 13 Jan 2005

Is anyone out there using an Epson Colour 580 inkjet printer with a PC running Windows XP as I have recently upgraded the operating system from W98 and cannot get the printer to work no matter which XP driver I download from the net.
I keep getting vague error messages but no printing. It would be very helpful to know if it is possible to get the 580 running with XP before I waste any more time on a "wild goose chase"?

Thanks.

Jeffers22 19:08 13 Jan 2005

Don't know off the top of my head, but I suspect the Epson site will tell you - or indeed the MS site - I think the XP compatability lists are still there.

Cook2 19:31 13 Jan 2005

click here any good?

Pamy 19:46 13 Jan 2005

Hi, I do not think Epson have any drivers for your printer for XP. My Epson 600 runs OK on the XP driver ESC/P2, so I think yours will too.

Pamy

jack 19:51 13 Jan 2005

Let XP find a driver it likes.
As with other Win O/S's a library of drivers for printers exists.
Reinstall or better yet leave what you have in place and click Printers and Faxes /Install new printer/Select from a list/select Epson/ run down the list to find 580 or if not a number near by and go for it.

ratfink77 07:44 14 Jan 2005

Have tried all of the above including supposed XP drivers, so I now have a better idea as to whether it's worth spending any more time on this problem.

Thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?