Windows XP Crit Update KB828741 constant update

Dave911 07:50 25 May 2004

As I still on a dial up connection (broadband probably in the next centuary up here!!) I use automatic update for windows XP. I have noticed recently that teh update KB828741 keeps downloading over and over again. I think I must be up to about 10 times now, it actually downloaded it twice in one day.
I believe that it is an update to do with the sasser worm virus and I would have thought that to download once should be sufficient.
Anyone else having the same problem and if so is there a way to tell it to stop - or is download different.

Cheers
Dave911

GaT7 22:04 27 May 2004

May be it didn't install correctly the first time round.

First, try uninstalling it from Add/remove programs. Reboot your PC & reinstall thro' Win update. If that's not possible try the following...

Download it to your hard disk first & double-click on the saved file to install. To d'load KB828741 for WinXP - click here. If the install seems successful (no error messages) reboot your PC, go to the Win update site & scan for updates to see if this update is re-offered. Good luck, G

steve0 23:01 27 May 2004

Had similar problem a while ago - see here:click here

Dave911 09:06 19 Jun 2004

Go to help and support and click on get support, post your problem to MS and you will get a result. Took several downloads but I no longer have the problem.

Thanks to Allan from MS for solving it!!

Dave

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?