Windows XP box in middle of Windows

prince midas 13:19 02 Feb 2009

Ever since I tried to convert my Desktop XP to wireless I now get a 6 in by 3 inch window appearing when I open windows or close it showing windows XP pro and it says wait you are now loading etc.
This window never appeared before I just opened and closed it previously.It now takes twice as long to open and close because of this.

For example when I wish to close windows I just previously clicked on shutdown,now I still click on shutdown and the the little window opens and asks me what I want to do.

User-1229748 13:30 02 Feb 2009

try control panel-folder options-view-and set at default.

prince midas 14:49 02 Feb 2009

Did as you said in XP still shows 6 by 3 window.

VoG II 14:54 02 Feb 2009

Try Start > Control Panel > User Accounts > Change the way users log on and off > tick Use the Welcome screen.

prince midas 15:23 02 Feb 2009

Vog,when I did as you said a message came up saying

User Accounts
Client services for Networks as disabled the Welcome Screen & Fast User Switching.
To Restore these features you must uninstall Client Services for Netware.
OK

But before I did this my wireless connection finally connected automatically.I have had days of problems since I installed a wireless connection to my old Desktop even though a new laptop as no problems through my router.
I am wondering if it is a coincidence, but before I uninstall the above I will have to see if ithis as anything to do with me being unable to connect to the internet by wireless.Have you any comments.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone