Windows Xp

ParaziteX 15:07 13 Jan 2006

Hey, i've got a major problem, yesterday my computer started freezing every 10 minutes, i tried to restore to an earlier point, but in the middle of the restore it froze, after that it was freezing every 10 seconds, now i don't get past DOS! The first 15 times i start my comp, i get a msg Bios checksum error, when it finaly forgets that, i freezes just after the windows loading page (still in dos mode) after 30 secs i get a windows-bluescreen that stays upp for 0,5 secs, (no chance to read it). Then it restarts itself... and all over again
Today i tried to repair windows, by inserting the installation cd, well well well... it doesn't read the cd... that means i can't even re-install windows (this way atleast) this is getting on my nerves now...
Any ideas on how to solve this? =)

~~Thanx~~

VoG II 15:09 13 Jan 2006

Set the PC to boot from the CD drive click here

Repair click here

ParaziteX 15:32 13 Jan 2006

k, thanx, tho now i have another problem, when ready to repair windows, it asks for administrative password which i don't know, and havn't used for the last 6 years... so i went to bios changed supervisor password and user password, ran again repair, but still it tells me uncorrect password..? and ideas

VoG II 15:35 13 Jan 2006

Try leaving the password box blank.

ParaziteX 15:41 13 Jan 2006

tried that, didn't work, i've disabled the passwords in bios, and the left it blank in repair setup, still the password is not valid

woodchip 15:50 13 Jan 2006

BIOS password as nothing to do with Admin password

ParaziteX 15:51 13 Jan 2006

it doesn't? i read somewhere that it has, hmm, maybe i missunderstod. anyway, i left the password blank, still not valid

woodchip 15:52 13 Jan 2006

The CD you have is it a full XP or OEM XP disc. Or do ypu have a Retore disc and partitions with drivers and software on it

ParaziteX 15:54 13 Jan 2006

full xp

woodchip 15:57 13 Jan 2006

If You have all drivers etc What about a complete restore? Or have you files you need to get to?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires