I would try the recovery console to fix the Master Boot Record (MBR)
1. Insert the Setup compact disc (CD) and restart the computer. If prompted, select any options required to boot from the CD.
2. When the text-based part of Setup begins, follow the prompts; choose the repair or recover option by pressing R.
3. If you have a dual-boot or multiple-boot system, choose the installation that you need to access from the Recovery Console.
4. When prompted, type the Administrator password.
5. At the system prompt, type fixmbr; type help for a list of commands, or help commandname for help on a specific command.
6.To exit the Recovery Console and restart the computer, type exit.