Windows Vista Wireless Problem

lizwilliams90 17:31 05 Jun 2009

I recently bought a new Acer Aspire 5735 and I'm having problems with the wireless internet, my home network is found with full signal, however when I click connect I am told that the signal is too low and cannot be connected, it only appears to connect within a metre of the Modem, where I may aswell plug in a cable, does anyone know how I can connect wirelessly when further away from the modem?

I contacted Acer and they ran me through a few solutions, none of which helped and then came to the conclusion I should get my laptop booked in, I'm hoping it's a bit more simpler than that.

Cheers for your time.

T0SH 22:11 05 Jun 2009

Changing which wireless channel your router is set to transmit on may help first try changing it to channel 1 9 or 11 they are usually the strongest signals but carry on until you find a clear channel, you should not have to change anything om your laptop they are normally set to auto and select whatever the router is set on

Cheers HC

Tech Guy 14:30 06 Jun 2009

Check out: click here

Jimbolarue 17:07 06 Jun 2009

Hi Guys, can you help. I have a Netgear WGR614 router connected to my pc which has not been very secure for some time, naughty I know! Today I set it up securely and now my partners laptop can't get into the network. I set it up from the laptop successfully but when I typed in the requested 27 digit WEP key, I got this messeage: " The settings saved on this computer do not match the requirements of the network".

I am running OS Win 7137, but it worked perfectly before I made my pc secure.

Any help will be gratefully appreciated.

Jimbo

Tech Guy 17:29 06 Jun 2009

O the joy of running pre-released software.

Try here: click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

The secrets of creating gory VFX

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache