windows vista ultimate

pete. 22:44 10 Apr 2008

hi i was looking on ebay at windows vista ultimate upgrade someone was selling it for £80 saying DVD and Product key only, 100% GUARANTEE - NON ACADEMIC VERSION - OR YOUR MONEY BACK, THIS IS THE FULL COMMERCIAL VERSION AND NOT THE ACADEMIC VERSION - 100% GUARANTEED! i have vista home premium do i need full version or upgrade and could someone tell me how to install this and would i loose all my setting ie microsoft outlook norton 360 cheers pete.

sunny staines 22:58 10 Apr 2008

i would only buy an op system from a reliable source not ebay.

mrwoowoo 23:07 10 Apr 2008

There are only three features which Ultimate has which Home Premium does not. All three are designed for corporate computers, basically, and all three have to do with backing-up and protecting business Networks.
Few (if any) home users will ever need any of these features.
If you require these(few) extra features,faxing being one of them, and think it's worth the money then pay another £80.00.
Personally,i would spend it on something you need.

Quiller. 23:10 10 Apr 2008

Not worth the upgrade.

pete. 23:38 10 Apr 2008

so you are saying this £80 uprade is ok but you whould not bother i thought vista ultimate had movie maker BitLocker cheers pete.

MCE2K5 23:41 10 Apr 2008

"i thought vista ultimate had movie maker BitLocker": It Does.

pete. 23:46 10 Apr 2008

so is it ok to go for the £80 although you all dont agree its worth it from what i can remember you dont just load the disk and go so could someone kindly tell me how to do it would be most gratefull cheers pete.

sunny staines 02:12 11 Apr 2008

place the disc in the drive and follow on screen instructions, very few of them compared to loading xp.

sunny staines 02:13 11 Apr 2008

make sure your bios is set as cd drive for first boot.

pete. 09:35 11 Apr 2008

just one last question i have just bought this laptop i installed norton 360 microsoft outlook when i install vista ultimate will they still be there or will i have to reinstall them cheers pete.

pete. 01:45 14 Apr 2008

hi i have just bought windows vista ultimate upgrade i am told to remove any programs that i have installed ie norton 360 microsoft outlook before i install is there a reason why i have to do this first regards pete.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?