windows vista - profile

setanta23 21:11 21 Mar 2011

my daughter accidently deleted her profile on her laptop and she worked away merrily for sometime as on her machine she had created an extra profile - unfortunately the missing profile contained all the links to her i tunes account and all the music on her laptop

i - from afar - advised her to run restore and take the system back to a time prior to her deleting her profile

this seems to have made things worse as she can now see all her music files but not i tunes and cannot log onto the internet using her firefox connection

HELP please

what do i do now apart from panic

northumbria61 21:37 21 Mar 2011

Have a careful read here click here

northumbria61 21:53 21 Mar 2011

I think it may be better to "Undo" System Restore first seeing as it appears to have made things worse.

setanta23 08:05 24 Mar 2011

have managed to find all the files but not been able to restore the profile and as all her software such as itunes etc was loaded under this profile nothing seems to work and she cannot get into the internet etc

someone mentioned commercial software which has been created to reverse the cancellation of a profile can i get a link please

thank you all for your help so far - next plan is to copy all music and picture files to an external hard drive and then reset the laptop

Martin

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?