Windows Vista

tman16 10:24 29 Dec 2006

Hi,

I was wondering when vista comes out will i have any problems with incompatable software, hardware and games?

anskyber 10:44 29 Dec 2006

30th January. Run the Vista Upgrade Advisor click here

splatter 10:45 29 Dec 2006

Microsoft has a 'Hardware Guidance' section on the Vista website (click here)

clayton 10:57 29 Dec 2006

Did you not see this
click here

Splodge 13:24 29 Dec 2006

I have beta tested Vista since it was offered.
I still have it on a spare HD but spent Christmas re-installing XP.
Lots of reasons but mostly, it is still unwieldy to operate, it does not always run some of my programs, Media Face is one of my most used programs, Acronis8 back-up does not work, although I have upgraded to v10 for under £20.
Most annoying is the crappy games which have replaced Spades and Hearts which I love to play on-line!.
The New York Times reported that a Russian has already found several lookholes and can run computers direct.
Finally, the Hackers will stop testing their skills against my lovely, safe Xp (updated) and go full out against Vista. It is their nature to look for new challenges.

There is no hurry really is there? It may drive you mad having to OK every function as Administrator.

If you want something new and GOOD try Office Professional 2007 beta! I love it, will buy at whatever price and already enjoy converting some word and excel letters into foreign languages. Including Chinese, Arabic, Russian, Turkish and many other european languages!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?