Windows VIEW problem

Novis 12:15 07 Sep 2005

Although I've set View to open with a List of files, invariably it resets as ikons when I close the Window at shut down. How can I have my windows display lists instead of ikons?

I also have a problem that my Windows, particularly in MS Word Office 2003, do not open maximised.

What's the solution?

Many thanks.

Yoda Knight 12:19 07 Sep 2005

In Windows Explorer get the settings as you want them. Click on Tools, Folder Options, View, and choose to set all folders the same.

Novis 13:15 07 Sep 2005

No offense - but I dont know what this means - and if I did, I wouldn't know what to set the settings to. Perhaops someone could be more specific. I'm only a novice.

Novis 13:18 07 Sep 2005

Sorry - I was a bit slow, thinking this was a response to a differetn qeustion I posted today. I've changed settings in Explorer - hope this works. Thanks.

Skills 13:30 07 Sep 2005

As for programs opening in minimised windows. If you open up word or whatever program and then maximise it. Now close down by using file | exit and then next time you open the program it should have remembered the setting.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5T review: Hands-on

Illustrator Andrés Lozano on his improv line work, brazen use of colours & hand sketching

iPhone X review

Comment envoyer gratuitement des gros fichiers ?